Last week, we reported on SPCC compliance tips, a topic covered at the 17th Annual International Aboveground Storage Tank Conference & Trade Show in Orlando, Florida. This week we are reviewing another talking point, common SPCC Plan violations.
Here are five to watch out for at your facility.
- Inadequate cross references
- Inadequate facility diagram (facility and diagram don’t match, missing piping and loading areas)
- Lack of discussion of addressing spill trajectory
- Inadequate discharge notification form (quantity of discharged to water and media impacted)
- Missing 112.7(a) elements (the mini response plan)
For more in formation on common plan deficiencies and how to avoid them, read 8 Things Your SPCC Plan May Be Missing.
Additional information on the annual conference held by NISTM can be found here.